This is part of a series of posts, each one focusing on a specific country in the Middle East and Africa, discussing the current state of laws and regulations around the cloud. Today we’ll be taking a look at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
As with the previous post I will be analysing the available information against six “Cloud Governance Concerns”:
- Can I store and process personal data and are there any requirements for me to be able to do so?
- Can I move personal data between different jurisdictions?
- Do I need to comply with any requests from individuals that own the data?
- Do I have to comply with requests to disclose personal data from other entities?
- How am I liable if data loss occurs?
- How long do I have to keep data?